Polymer Engineering - Vision Mission
- To be recognized as a centre of excellence in the field of Polymer Engineering education and research
- Develop the department into a center of excellence in the field of Engineering, Education, Research and Development.
- Impart value based education and develop winning personalities and mould the students into responsible citizens.
- Provide best infrastructure in the form of state of art laboratories, equipment, computing and library facilities.
- Deploy well-qualified and experienced staff capable of providing quality education.
Long Term Goals
In keeping with the quality policy of the institution, the following long-range goals are envisaged.
- To promote and enhance the quality of Engineering Education and bring it on par with renowned National and International Institutes.
- Undertake Research and Development assignments in the field of Science, Engineering and Technology.
- Develop the Department as one of the Premier Centre offering Consultancy and Testing services to various Industries.
- Impart Value Based Education and develop Winning Personalities.
- Promote environmental improvement and pollution control projects, and mass education.
- To undertake research and development in the field of Polymer Science and Technology in collaboration with renowned institutes and industry.
Short Term Goals
- Up-grade Post-Graduate (PG) course from time-to-time
- Initiate Doctoral (Ph.D.) program by developing Research Center in the Department.
- Develop infrastructure facilities for conducting UG and PG courses
- Establish new laboratories with modern equipment in keeping with the latest technological developments.
- Set-up state of the art research facilities in various fields of Polymer Engineering.
- Encourage doctoral and post-doctoral research activities amongst the faculty members.
- Equip the Computer and Simulation Laboratory with relevant Simulation Software.
- Conduct the short term training programs for the practicing engineers in the field of Plastic Processing.